- CC: “I have bumps on my bottom that I want to have checked out.”
- HPI: AB, a 21-year-old WF college student reports to your clinic with external bumps on her genital area. She states the bumps are painless and feel rough. She states she is sexually active and has had more than one partner during the past year. Her initial sexual contact occurred at age 18. She reports no abnormal vaginal discharge. She is unsure how long the bumps have been there but noticed them about a week ago. Her last Pap smear exam was 3 years ago, and no dysplasia was found; the exam results were normal. She reports one sexually transmitted infection (chlamydia) about 2 years ago. She completed the treatment for chlamydia as prescribed.
- PMH: Asthma
- Medications: Symbicort 160/4.5mcg
- Allergies: NKDA
- FH: No hx of breast or cervical cancer, Father hx HTN, Mother hx HTN, GERD
- Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys)
- VS: Temp 98.6; BP 120/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 169lbs
- Heart: RRR, no murmurs
- Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical
- Genital: Normal female hair pattern distribution; no masses or swelling. Urethral
meatus intact without erythema or discharge. Perineum intact. Vaginal mucous
pink and moist with rugae present, pos for firm, round, small, painless ulcer noted
on external labia
- Abd: soft, normoactive bowel sounds, neg rebound, neg murphy’s, neg McBurney
- Diagnostics: HSV specimen obtained
Assignment: This is to be a NARRATIVE (PARAGRAPHS). Answer each question
- Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Is the assessment supported by the subjective and objective information? Why or why not?
- Would diagnostics be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not?
- Identify at least fivepossible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient. Explain your reasoning using at least three different references from current evidence-based literature
Note: This is to be a NARRATIVE (PARAGRAPHS). Answer each question