- Analyze an existing health care system and evaluate how that system can be improved to better serve the community
- Conceive a new or improved health care service, then design a facility to provide that service
- Develop the structure, functions, and processes of the facility
- Submit an SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, and Recommendation) proposal
Your proposal should be fiscally, socially, ethically, and politically responsible. The goal is to have a net positive benefit to the health care system and the community it serves.
To begin, select an existing health care system in a small U.S. city preferably in the state where you live. The city should have a population of less than 200,000.
Create a 700- to 1,050–word profile of the city you selected along with details like:
- Map of the city
- Types and locations of medical services
- Demographics (population, age, gender, etc.)
- Income and employment
- Residential details
Include a rationale of why you selected the city, including if you have any prior experience or knowledge about the existing health care system in that city.